Monday, April 28, 2008

Daddy's Girl

Friday night was a night full of mixed emotions! We dropped Walker and Brody off at Tucker's house for his birthday party. Me, Kevin and Avery were going to go to Athens to the BBQ cook-off that Kevin's boss was participating in to eat dinner. Troy asked if Avery could stay with them and that would give me and Kevin some time alone. We don't get that very often, so it was nice being able to talk in a normal tone and not having to talk above the screams of 3 kids. :) So we went. The food was great! Shaun, you are an awesome cook and you make the best shrimp around! I called Troy to check on Avery, and he said she was sitting on the potty. Now you should know that she showed the slightest bit of interest about 3 months ago and then just said NO all the sudden. So I let it go and thought I would just let her start back when she was ready. I'm on my 3rd kid now, so I'm not panicked at all. So I'm sitting there talking to Troy on the phone and he yells, "She peed, she peed"! Or something along those lines.... I was so excited that she actually peed, but then again I was sad because she did it for Troy of all people? Nothing against him, but what in the world was she thinking? Anyway, I'm proud of my little Avery for doing that. We pick her up later that night and she's all hugged up on Troy and won't have a thing to do with her daddy. I can see the absolute heartbreak on his face. He tries to play it off, but I can read him like a book. We take her home and she only wants me. Kevin can't get her out of the car, take her in the house, rock her to sleep or anything. She won't have any of it! The next morning Troy brings the boys home, and Avery is still asleep. He asks to wake her up, and we let him. He takes her straight to the potty and sits there with her for a good 7-8 minutes waiting on her to potty. It was actually very sweet, but still killing her daddy on the inside. About 10:00 that morning, she finally gives in to her daddy. All is well! The day is saved and we can continue to have a good weekend. Thank goodness because he was getting hard to handle!

1 comment:

Vikki said...

Hey girl! Sounds like you almost had a situation on your hands! Too funny! Congrats to Avery on going pee-pee!!!