Thursday, April 10, 2008
That piece of fish cost WHAT?
We had a retirement lunch today at Connor's for a co-worker. Lucky him! I have been dying to try Connor's because I have heard the best stuff on that place. The waitress went over the specials for the day and then the fresh fish of the day...either Salmon or Sea Bass. I chose to eat the Sea Bass. The food is good, she brings me my ticket.....and that's where the fun stops. My little piece of fish costs $27.00. Are you kidding me??? It was good, but it sure wasn't that good. I sit there in disbelief. My ticket was $42.37 total, just for me. That included my fish (which should be made of gold), a $1.00 fee for swapping from broccoli to asparagus, sweet tea for $2.25, $3.00 for a side salad and the tip added in for a large party. I was actually nauseated at that point, and still am somewhat. How can you possibly charge that much for fish at lunch??? Needless to say, I suggested to the waitress from now on that she and the other waiters let the customers know up front how much their food is going to cost them if it's not on the menu. And I also wrote them a letter that I'm going to stick in the mail tomorrow. It may not do me any good, but at least they'll know that someone isn't happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Stephen and I can both eat at Shogun for that!!
I hear you girl! That is a bit much for lunch. I have never liked the idea of ordering something not knowing the price...maybe your comments will help!
Having been bitten by the same "snake" in times past, I now avoid the daily specials and buy from the menu. If I really like the sound of the special, I ask the price outright first and what comes with it. So, the staff thinks I'm a picky ole woman...who cares. It is my money, and I intend to get the most out of it I can.
Well first off, what wise guy/gal chose one of the most expensive restaurants in Hville to have a retirement lunch at?? That seems a big "fishy" to me. Also, like Loretta, I always stick to the menu items that have prices clearly marked and I stay away from the extra sides/salads when my entree itself is alrealy overpriced. As much as me and my family go out to eat, I try to keep my lunch outings as cheap as possible (barring BK every day. ugh!).
I suggest for your next work lunch outing you take a brown bag with a pbj. :-)
Post a Comment