Thursday, April 10, 2008
Inflation at the Ball Park
It's spring time so that means that baseball is gearing up. But so are the prices!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love being at the park watching my boys play ball. But it costs a fortune to be there. Hamburgers are $2.50, popcorn is $1.00, etc... Hamburgers are up 50 cents from last year, and I don't think they are any bigger or taste any better. So what gives? We have to pay $10 per child for concession fees before the season starts, and then they make a killing on the food and drinks they sell. I know the Booster Club has to make money, but do you have to break us while doing it? I know, I know..you're sitting there thinking to yourself "Just don't buy anything". Well, it's hard not to when you're there 4 days out of the week, and you're there at lunch time and dinner time. What am I gonna do? Let my kids starve? So until the season is over, I will just suck it up and keep dishing out the cash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey G!
Take a cooler with picnic stuff and head for the shade. That's what we do on all of our field trips to keep the expenses down! You end up eating alot healthier and saving money too. Just a thought!
Love Ya!
I agree with Natalee... take some food from home and lay down the law with the kiddos wrt the concession stand stuff. Maybe agree to let them buy one item and that be it. Either that, or let them drain the grandparents dry. :-) haha...
Post a Comment