Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Notes

It's a shame that my memory is so bad, that I'm sitting here trying to figure out what we did this weekend. I can't remember anything these days. Let's see...
Brody had ball practice Friday night, and we also watched a 7-8 year old baseball team (that has some of our friend's kids on it) play it's biggest competitor. Our team won thank goodness. But I also have to say that while I was proud, I was a little taken aback at how serious a couple of the parents were acting. One carried on with his loud mouth the whole time, and then one of our friend's didn't speak to me when I said Hi. It's not like I said it in passing. I actually went up to him, patted him on his arm and said hey. He never responded. So I told his wife about it, and he apologized to me the next day. Thanks Chris! You know I still love ya! I also have to say that I made a little jab at the team because they were spraying silly string all over the place after the game. Which is fine and dandy after you win a championship, but I think it's a little overboard after a regular season game. It don't matter how well you play in the season if you can't finish it off at the top in the end. But I do wish them well no matter what!
Walker and Brody both played games Saturday, and they both won. Congrats to my boys! I worked the concession stand afterwards, and lemme tell you, that is a job in itself. Trying to make sure enough food is cooking, while helping the customers and then trying to keep an eye on the boys as they run the entire ball park. I was give out afterwards!
I took the boys to Cheney Jo's (my little cousin) 2nd birthday party after the games. She had such a good party, and the boys had a ton of fun.
Kevin and Walker went to church on Sunday, while I stayed home with Avery and Brody. Avery had been running a 103 fever and Brody was very congested with lots of goo coming from his eyes. So we vegged out while they were gone, and as soon as they got back, Kevin got a call from work. So he was gone the rest of the day. Me and the kids went out for awhile and enjoyed the nice weather. I actually cleaned up the flower beds and got them ready for planting. It's amazing how much better they look already!
That was about it for us. I hope you all had a great weekend!!!

No comments: