Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!!!

Kindergarten has been an adventure, to say the least. Walker has learned so much in these months, and I am very proud of him! They write sentences and spell the words out based on how they sound. As I was going through Walker's book bag last night, I came across some sentences that he wrote yesterday. Here is what he wrote, along with the correct interpretation.

"I see a pig"

"I see a pruty dog" ( I see a pretty dog)

"My Dab is niss" ( My Dad is nice)

"My dog is clen" ( My dog is clean)

AND DRUMROLL PLEASE...............

"My mom is drty" (My mom is dirty)


Yep, I'm dirty. I asked Walker about it to make sure I was reading that right, and I could tell by the little monster grin on his face that I was. When I asked him why he thought I was dirty he just shrugged his shoulders, smiled and ran off. But I don't take offense to it. I think it's cute!!! So parents, be prepared for what lies ahead when your children go off to school!!!!

2 comments:

Natalee said...

Oh! I completely understand. Been there and done that! Jacqueline had Michelle for Kindergarten and one day the counselor was talking with the class about hitting. Of course she taught that hitting was wrong when children and adults hit and if anyone saw someone being hit at home or somewhere else that it's okay to tell their teacher. Well, Jacqueline pulled Michelle aside and told her that Stephen hit me all the time. She said, "Really?" Jacqueline replied, "Yep, every time Natalee walks by, my daddy hits her on the butt!!"

I could have died!

So, be glad that wasn't the topic in Walker's class. You're only dirty!!

Vikki said...

Ginger, that is way too funny!!