It was another busy weekend for us! Both boys played ball in Ardmore Saturday morning. Walker's team won big, and Brody's team lost their game. They lost by 7 runs...sounds like a lot, but it really wasn't. The other team is all 6 year olds, and Brody's team only has one player who has every played before and 3 four year olds on the team. So I thought we did extremely well! And they had a good time!
Our sweet babysitter Jessica kept Avery for us so she didn't have to get out in the cold. They had a great time together. She painted Avery's fingernails and toenails a flourescent orange, which Avery loved! She has been showing them to everyone and saying that "Jeka" painted her nails! It's so cute...
We had a surprise birthday party to attend for one of our friends, Chris Hughes, on Saturday night. He was so suprised! I think he had a good time! All the kids were there playing together so that gave us adults time to socialize, which is so nice. :)
We had church on Sunday, and then we all took a much needed nap. During dinner that night, we got a call from my friend Christie saying that her cousin Donald was in ICU on life support and would not make it long. This was terribly upsetting to Kevin because he and Donald were best friends through elementary and middle school. They took him off life support last night, and I have not heard anything since. So please keep that family in your thoughts and prayers!
I also want to mention Matthew Wiese. I have not been able to go visit him in several weeks. I feel bad about that, but with sick kids and school and ball, I just have not had the time. But I have got to make a more concerted effort to get over there. I still pray for him daily and think about him all the time. They need help with giving him his physical therapy every night. If anyone is interested, please let me know if you can help, and I will put you in contact with the right person. I promise you that you will feel God's presence when you walk in that house and you will most definitely receive a blessing. Continue to keep Matthew and his family in your prayers.
Off now to do a little work....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment