Friday, May 1, 2009

Bama/UT Baseball game

A few weeks ago, Kevin and I took Walker, Brody, Tucker and Troy to a Bama/UT baseball game as part of Tucker's birthday present. We didn't even know if we were going to get to go because it had rained all day the day before and they were calling for a chance that day. But we loaded up and went anyway.

I knew exactly what I was getting into when I invited UT fans to go. We pull in Troy's driveway, and I was blinded by the orange. You could have spotted him a mile away. My stomach starts turning because I hate the site of UT orange. It's about the ugliest, brightest orange you can find. But I suck it up and allow him to not only sit in my truck, but to sit in the front seat. Tucker doesn't look as bad because he has on a white shirt with his orange hat. But Troy was covered in orange. I bet his underwear was even orange. But we won't go there. We hop in the truck and we're off. But wait, we have to stop at the store and get beef jerky....what is it with boys and beef jerky? We're finally on our way and there is arguing and fussing between the boys about who has the DS and who has the PSP and who stinks and who wants my IPOD. It was a LONG 2 hr drive. And with me stuck in the middle row of seats, nonetheless. I have long legs, and I was not the least bit comfortable. But I digress....

We get to the game and find a good parking space. We get in the stadium and guess what we have to walk by....the souvenir stand. Yep, let's drop a quick $229 on pullovers and balls and sharpies. And then we drop another $40 at the concession stand. No wonder the ticket itself was only $5.....they get you everywhere else.

Anywho, we get up to our seats and I notice a few boys lined up in the stands where Bama is warming up. We take our baseballs and sharpies and hike to the other side of the field and wait on autographs. (As you can see below in the pictures, I was enjoying the view myself) Only one player, Ross Wilson (John Parker's brother) took the time to sign the balls for us. Thanks Ross! You made my boy's day!

The game was great! We had some hecklers in the student section that were annoying even us Bama fans. I could have tied them up by their shoe strings, but what's the point. They probably would have liked it. :)

Bama won 8-4!! Roll Tide! And down with the Vols!



Troy, Tucker, Brody and Walker watching the UT pitchers warm up.

Walker, Brody and Tucker (not sure what's up with the look on his face)

A much happier looking Tucker!

Tucker and Walker

The lovely Ross Wilson

I don't know where this picture of Ross came from! :)

Or this one.....

A cute little UT player

Tucker

Kent Malathes after his big home run in the first inning

Tucker

Troy and his ugly UT hat

Bama after the win!

No comments: