If you were at Walker's game last night, you had to know this post was coming today. First off, let me preface this story by saying that I am a sports mom. I am going to yell at the games, cheer, hoot and holler....you name it.
Tucker is getting ready to bat, and I hear his dad (who is a coach) tell him "Do NOT swing at the first pitch!" Tucker nods his head as in saying "yes sir". Well, our pitching coach throws the ball, and what does Tucker do....he swings at it and misses. I yell "Tucker Reed, your daddy said No!" Tucker doesn't turn around and acknowledge me or anything. Which is normal, he usually doesn't. Coach throws the next pitch and it's over Tucker's head. He misses again! I yell "Tucker, that was over your head boy!" Tucker turns and looks at me and turns right back around. The coach looks at me and says "you....you're gonna have to zip it". (and this wasn't in a cutesy kind of way. he was serious)
OH NO YOU DIDN'T! (that's me in my Sha-naenae lingo) Did he really just call me out in front of everyone and say that to me? I think I was a little shocked at first, but then I started boiling. I respect him as a coach, and I expect the same respect from him as a parent. If you have something to say to me, you do it after the game and not in front of everyone. His wife asked "Did he really just say that?" Yep honey, he did. A little while later she said I should slap him after the game. I wouldn't take it that far! :) But I did admit to her that it pissed me off. I know it may seem crazy and I could totally understand him getting upset if I was telling the player to do something opposite from what the coach was saying. But it was nowhere near anything like that.
Then to top it off, Walker gets up to bat and I'm yelling for him to hit. And Kevin says to him "She is not your coach. You listen to me." OMG! I'm gonna have to bust a cap in his tail! What is it with these men?????
After the game was over, I'm walking by the dugout and the coach and Kevin are in there and the coach says "you're gonna have to put a muzzle on her". I ignore the comment and keep walking. Then a few minutes later the coach says "You can't just talk to the players like that when they're batting." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am fuming, but I contain myself because I don't want to make a scene. It's not like I was striking up a conversation with Tucker in the middle of a game.
Anyway, this is just my way to release the emotions I have from last night. It's not meant to berate him in any way. I just needed to vent my frustrations to whoever will listen out there. I may be completely in the wrong, but it's the way I feel.
Until next time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment