Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blissful chaos!!!

You know how we all get wrapped up in everyday life, that we sometimes forget to just stop and "smell the roses". I was home with Avery today, I promised Brody I would pick him up early from school and Walker's school let out early today because of the threat of bad weather. Plus, I offered to pick up our good friend's kids, Tucker and Cierra, where they could stay with me during the bad weather. So I have 5 kids here. Here is a little timeline of the day, along with some conversations I overheard!

11:30 - I arrive at the daycare to pick up Brody. My mom tells me lunch is over at that time, but guess what....yep, he just sat down to eat. So I have to wait.....tick tock, tick tock.....

11:31 - Are you not done yet Brody? What's taking you so long? You've had a whole 60 seconds to woof down those nuggets and smiley fries....which I might add are big enough to choke a cow if not chewed up properly.

11:35 - Ms. Jennifer, Brody's teacher, asks for $30. Huh? Oh, for graduation cap and gown and a Happy Meal. First off, I could have cried at the thought of seeing my middle child all dressed up in his cap and gown. But then it hits me that he probably won't ever wear it at graduation. Or maybe, just maybe, he'll be the one walking across the stage with his bare butt showing. If you know my Brody, you know that is 100% possible.

11:37 - Ms. Jennifer brings Ms. Ann's photo album to me to look at. It has so many pictures from years back, when Walker first started there. I can't believe how small my babies were and now they're so big. So much emotion and happy thoughts....but then I am completely surrounded by 12 5 and 6 year olds...."who's this?" "who's that?" "why are they in the picture?" "who farted?"

11:48 - Brody is finally done eating and we can leave.

12:06 - At the McDonald's drive in, Brody proudly tells the cashier at the window that she "is a small woman". Thanks son, now I can completely slide down in the floorboard...only I can't fit under the steering wheel. So I must look her in the eye and smile and shrug my shoulders.

12:54 - I pick Walker up at school. "Hey momma!" Love that sound.....

1:10 - I have the brilliant idea that I need to go to the Myrtle Tree to get Avery some hair bows. I give Walker the "do NOT touch a thing in the store" speech. Do you think it hit home with Walker? Need I say more.....

1:20 - I have another brilliant idea....I'm just full of them today.....let's go to the athletics store and see if they have that helmet in that we've been waiting on. Yep, it's there and seems to fit like a glove. The clerk asks "Hey, would you like for us to put his name and number on the back of it?" Before I can even respond, Walker proudly tells her how to spell his name and his number is 8. Great! Then I buy a shirt for Avery.....chi-ching....I don't walk out of there before dropping $60. Brilliant plan.....

1:36 - Me and Walker pick up Cierra and Tucker. No sooner than we buckle up and drive away do the boys start arguing. Round 1.....

1:38 - I kick into control mode and give the "my mom has cleaned the back 3 rooms today, so please do not mess those rooms up" speech. (As of 3:21, the speech has worked)

1:39 - "Ms. Ginger, Walker said the P I S S word in PE one day." Round 2.....

1:42 - We get home and Avery sees Cierra and Tucker and the first thing she says is "Where's Twoy Weed?"

1:56 - "Ms. Ginger, is Walker supposed to be peeing in the fire place thingy?"

1:57 - Me and Walker have a talk.

2:30 - Cierra: "Ok, Avery, you want the hamburger and salad? That will be $30 and you got 75% off today." (where is Avery eating? The Beverly Hills hotel?)

2:45 - Brody: "Momma, Walker hit me."
Walker: "He hit me first."

3:08 - Avery: "Boys! Boys! Boys!"

I truly love the chaos!!!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: