Let's see....where did I get to? Oh yea, we got up the next morning and everyone shared stories and laughed at all the things that happened the night before. Julie and I were in charge of breakfast, but the men seemed to take over the biscuit making duties....which was fine by us. I was told by my dear friend Troy that I better bring Tennesse Pride sausage, and so I did. I tear open the first pack and get ready to pat out the the sausage patties. Well, he sees what I'm doing and tells me I need to just cut the link in equal parts. I attempt that, but the knife I'm using couldn't even split a hair. So I am literally manhandling the sausage, trying my hardest to get it cut as I was instructed to do so. I get frustrated and tell Troy to bring his tail over there and show me what I'm supposed to do. He tells me not to be afraid and just cut it! Well....I do. But the patties don't look pretty, and I like pretty! :) After struggling for 10 minutes or so, I give up on the presentation of the patties and just start butchering it to death. Emeril would be grossly disappointed in me. Anyway, the deed is done....sausage patties are ready to be cooked. The men take that part over also. So that leaves the bacon and eggs to me and Julie. She says "Ginger, how do I know when the bacon is done? I always just buy the microwavable kind." Well, I do too, but I'm assuming that being able to decipher when a piece of bacon is done is not rocket science. I tell her we will play it by ear and surely we can figure it out! :) And I must say that they turned out quite nice....yay for Julie! And me for supervising! haha
I scramble up some eggs and Tiff does too. Mine are normal, hers are not. :) Hers are flavored with the bacon leftovers....which I might add was somewhat tasty, but had the look of hash. UGH! After all is done, everyone sits down to eat. But I don't. I'm not a breakfast person, but Tiff seems to think I'm thumbing my nose at the nature breakfast. But I seriously am not....I just don't want to eat.
It's time to go....everyone decides they will leave to go get ready for their games and come back later and pick up all their belongings. I grab my chair and one of my bags that I'm gonna need. Julie takes me across the creek to my vehicle, and I about fall off. She hits the first mud hole and I fall back, legs in the air, and I grab the first thing I can....her arm pit! :) We're screaming and laughing and getting so tickled. But alas, we make it to my vehicle.
The first camp out has been successful and quite fun! Part 3 coming later.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment