Monday, May 12, 2008

Another weekend has come and gone...


Where does the time go? Friday was my mom's birthday! We got her some really pretty jade stone earrings and took her out to eat at Sarge's! It was very delish! Another day at the ball park Saturday...Walker's team won big again, and Brody's lost big. :( But hey, I still think they have done so good with them being a first year team. I have NO complaints! Well, I do wish Brody would run a little faster. There was actually a picture of him in our local newspaper, with the caption under it that he was "racing" to second base to beat the tag. I laughed of course, cause Brody doesn't race to get anywhere. He is the most laid back kid I've ever seen. But he's still cute out there..

I had a great Mother's Day. We had baby dedication at church, so we were finally able to "dedicate" Avery, almost 2 years later! :) Then we had lunch afterwards, and I took a long and much needed nap with the kids. I have to thank the Sunday School teachers and their school teachers for having the kids make Mother's Day gifts. If they hadn't, I would have nothing. My husband leaves a lot to be desired in that department. He didn't actually go out to get my cards until 7:30 Saturday night. hmmmm.... I love him, but he's not setting a very good example for the kids. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have the homemade gifts from the kids than blowing money on something I don't need. But to wait til the night before to even get a card is a little disappointing. Oh well....at least he did clean up some yesterday.

But overall, it was a great weekend! I hope everyone else was able to enjoy it as much as I did.

2 comments:

Vikki said...

One of my favorite stories of all time....Happy Birthday to my Nephew!!!

Natalee said...

I love the homemade gifts too! They are so special. Stephen doesn't do cards, or wrapping, but Jacqueline is old enough that she asks him what he has....your kids will be old enough to do that soon too!

Happy late Mother's Day, I know that you are a great mom!