
Avery at birth
Last Saturday, on the 17th, my baby girl Avery turned 2. We celebrated with a luau with family and friends! There was so much good food...grilled shrimp, chicken kabobs, ribs, fruit, cheese...all kinds of Hawaiian-related food! The party was a success!!! Thanks to all who came out and celebrated with us.
Having Avery turn 2 just reinforces how fast time flies! Seems like yesterday that Walker TOLD me and Kevin that he wanted a baby sister. Little did we know that at the time I was pregnant with her. It was almost like a God whisper in Walker's ear. The pregnancy was great for the most part. I did have gestational diabetes, but I was able to control it with my diet. Her birth itself was smooth sailing. Only after I was out of recovery did I start having problems. My uterus quit clamping down, so I started bleeding profusely. The nurses hit panic mode because I'm losing this blood, and they call in another nurse that has to be the equivalent of an offensive lineman in the NFL. She proceeds to tell me how she is going to have to push my uterus down herself to stop the bleeding. She instructs me to hang on to the bed rails as she does this. Keep in mind that I've just been cut wide open, and I have 20something staples in my incision. She balls her fists up and presses down on my stomach with all her strength to get my uterus to clamp. It finally does, and then she proceeds to run her fists all the way down, over and over to push all the blood clots out. I wanted to curse the woman, but she was practically saving my life. There was not enough morphine in the world to help with the pain, but I'm thankful for her and what she did for me. Then to top it off, I was on iron pills for 8-10 weeks for low iron and my lips and skin stayed white for about 5 weeks cause I had lost so much blood. And it was worth every bit of that pain and pill taking because I have such a sweet baby girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment