All the nights spent at the ball park watching my sons play ball are supposed to be fun! It's my oldest son's last year in the 5-6 year old league, and it's my younget son's first year. So there is emotion abound! But while there watching one of the two playing, I still have to keep up with the other son and my daughter. The boys don't require much attention, just what you expect..."momma, can I have a dollar for the concession stand", "Son, get out of the mud", "Brody, stay where I can see you", "Walker, quit pushing that boy around".....
But Miss Priss on the other hand, that's a whole different ball game (no pun intended). The girl is 10 days shy of turning 2, and she already acts like Mariah Carey. She is never satisfied, nothing is ever done right, and you must cater to her every need. It doesn't help that her daddy coaches both teams, so he is not able to help me. And my mom and stepdad are always there, but she's getting to where she has her moments that she doesn't want them. So it's mainly a do-what-I-can-to-make-her-happy hour. Take last night for example, we pull in the park and she realizes where we are so she instantly starts the chant "Ont cotcorn"...which translated in to adult language is "I want popcorn". So we have to listen to that for 10 minutes as we unload the truck and trek up to the concession stand. Lo and behold, there's a line! So guess who's not happy and she lets everyone know... We finally have the treasured popcorn in hand and all is well. At least for 2 minutes. I get our chairs set up, and she's not happy that they're in the sun. So, I have to hold her while she's eating and I'm shading her eyes from the sun. But wait a minute, I don't have my left hand on the bag of popcorn like I SHOULD have known to do. I mean, what kind of mother am I? So she proceeds to whine until I make it right! Then her sippy cup is in the wrong holder...it's supposed to be in the right side. DUH! I can't believe I didn't know that either! So anyway, all kinds of whining goes on for the next 47 minutes until the umpire says those magic words "GAME OVER!!!!!" Thank you God for the man in blue!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
HAHAHA...It's a girl-thang! My gal is so needy and bossy. I think they just come here that way!
Post a Comment