It's an every day occurrence that my boys fight. Well, when I picked them up at daycare today, it was no different. They are in the back seat arguing and hitting, and I'm driving trying to referee. I finally lose my cool, and in all my infinite wisdom I threaten to call Santa and tell him that he is to take 2 toys off their list. Well, my little smarty britches Brody asks "What's Santa's phone number?" Are you kidding me? Why couldn't he just break out into terrible sobs like he's supposed to? It would have been easier to handle cause that's what I was expecting. But nooooo..... So I decide to ignore the question. That didn't work....
"MOMMA, WHAT IS SANTA'S PHONE NUMBER?" Can't he just be quite? I come up with a quick answer that all momma's and daddy's get the secret phone number when their babies are born. That way, they will always have it. He seemed to accept that. Just when I thought all was good in the Dunn world, I hear Walker sniffling and crying. "Son, what's wrong?" And he says, "Momma, I don't think Santa should bring any of my toys cause we are always mean to each other." OMG....how sweet is that???? I start patting myself on the back thinking I have done a good job teaching my children the concept of gift receiving as being a privilege, not a right. I begin to mentally write my acceptance speech for the "Best Mother of the Year" award when all of the sudden my dear Brody chimes in with "Not me, I want Santa to bring me ALL of my toys!!!" Of course you do son.....thanks for bringing me back to reality.
For a split second, I was feeling good about my parenting skills. And as always, my middle child Brody reminds me that I have a lot of work to do! :) You know, you always hear about the "middle child" syndrome.....well folks, let me tell you, it's TRUE!!!! He is his own breed, he's one of a kind, but I absolutely love him just the way he is. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is precious!!! I would have said the same thing!!! You are a great Mom!!!
Have a bless day!
Post a Comment