Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Potty Mouth

If you have kids, you know what I mean when I say you never know what's gonna come out of your kid's mouths. And you always fear the worse.
Once again, Brody did not disappoint. He and I are riding home from shopping one day, and a song we had never heard came on the radio. And just as pretty as you please, Brody says "What the hell is this song?" After I compose myself, I explain to Brody that "hell", used in that context, is a bad word. But since he didn't know that, I would let him slide this time. However, if he says it again, he will be punished. He's fine with that.
Fast forward 2 days, and we are sitting in a restaurant in Nashville with the Reed family. The food was a little slow coming out, and Brody is my impatient one. So he proceeds to ask "where the hell is my food?" Cierra and I both react at the same time and ask him what he just said. He tells us, and his daddy calls him over to where he's sitting. I can tell this is NOT going to be good. He gets a whipping in front of everyone. No need to waste the time to take him to the bathroom. He promises to never say it again.
Not even an hour later, we are trying to get in the Opryland entrance. It's not working out so well, so we decide to ride down the street to turn around and go in the other way. So we make our way down the street, and guess what...."Where the hell are we going?" comes blaring from the back seat???? Kevin and I just turn and look at each other and shake our heads. We tell Brody he has to get a mark on "the board". (The board is a punishment thing we have at home to keep up with their misbehavior).
Anyway, long story short....I am disappointed in Brody for the continued use of that word. Especially since we honestly do try not to curse in front of the kids.... But I'm hoping he has learned from all the trouble he has gotten into for it. It could always be worse....he could be cussing out every person he comes in contact with. I always try to find the bright side in things. :)

No comments: