Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 35 years old. I am not a big gift kind of person. I don't really want anything, and there is nothing I really need. But I do appreciate a card....just to show that yes, I have been thought of today....especially from the kids. And homemade cards are the best.
But to be completely honest, I am curious to see if my husband will get me an appropriate card. And I say that because of a card I got one year. (Vikki, this story is for you because I know how much it tickles you to death).
It was either our first or second year together. My husband got me a card for my birthday. I open the envelope, and there's a cute little puppy on the front. awwww, I think to myself. But after reading it, I didn't think it was so cute anymore. And here's why:
"Nephew, a life without you would be ruff. Happy Birthday!"
Are you freaking kidding me? Nephew? I was so hurt. I know you're probably thinking, well at least you got a card. Which is true. But he could have put enough thought into it to read it to make sure it fit the bill. But no, let's just grab the first birthday card we see, sign it and give it to the ol' wife.
I now sit back and laugh about it, but I was hurt for a while. So husbands, wives....whoever you are reading this....be sure to take the 12 seconds or so it takes to read your card to make sure it's appropriate for the occasion...or better yet, the right person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh Ginger, thank you so much for telling the story again. As I sit here I have tears in my eyes from knowing it hurt your feelings so bad, but to be honest, mostly the tears are from laughter because that is the funniest story I have ever heard, ever! I wish you a very happy birthday today and hope it's not a "ruff" one! Love ya girl!
OMG!!! I would have been very upset! Happy Birthday!
LOL!!! Bless his heart! That is too funny! I bet he is REAL careful when he buys those cards now ;)
Post a Comment