Most people dread going back to work on Mondays, and I am one of them. But this time, I was ready to go back to work today. The weekend was full of nothing but sadness.
First, Ronnie "Bones" Jones died of a heart attack on Friday evening. He was the father of one of my best friends growing up. His wife, Pat, babysat me for years. He became my part-time dad. I was with them so much, that he was family to me. And my family and his would spend every Christmas and New Year's together for many years. When I would still see him out at the ball field over the last few years, he would always hug me and scoop up one of my kids to love on them. He and Pat always came to our yard sales to visit. He would be smoking that pipe and playing around with the kids. He was a great ball player. He was THE pitcher of men's fastball teams and tournaments. Everyone from miles around knew Bones. He was feared on the field. But he was such a good man, and I can't begin to tell you how much he will be missed.
And then sadly, Neil Elkins passed away. This young man fought a long and courageous battle with Leukemia. He is one year older than me, and he has left behind a beautiful wife and 2 sweet babies. Saige is 4, and I believe Cole is only a few months old. Such a terrible tragedy and such sadness.
I would just ask that you all remember these families in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It was a sad weekend. I sure missed having church yesterday. We are blessed that we could come to work this morning.
Did your boys enjoy the snow?
Mary
Post a Comment