Thursday, March 5, 2009

I love my husband, I really do.....

BUT.....what is he thinking?

Kevin, my dear sweet husband, is helping coach Walker's baseball team again this year. Well, you know there is NO possible way we can use the same bat we had last year. That would be just plum terrible. Walker has to have a new bat. Kevin and one of the other coaches tell me which bat to order online. Being me, I go online, read all about the bat....and all 14 reviews on the bat. Each review lists the pros and cons....you must know that ALL reviews said the bat cracks easily. One person was on his 4th bat. One customer's bat only lasted 6 innings. So I go home and tell Kevin all about the reviews. He decides he's gonna go online himself and try to find a different bat. An hour later....the magic bat is discovered. He prints off a pretty little picture of it and tells me to order it the next day after he talks to Troy (another coach) about it. He calls me and tells me to go ahead and order the first bat. Yes, the one that cracks easily. Why...I ask. "Cause the ball jumps right off that bat" and.....they have a plan. Coach Neal (the head coach) has one of those bats. I take that back...he had one. It cracked (shocker), so now he's sent it back and is waiting on a replacement. Back to the plan..... Our sweet, beloved coaches have devised a brilliant plan. We will buy 2 bats, so that we have 3 in all. We will use one bat a game, and when the first bat cracks, guess what. We have a back-up while we're waiting on the replacement. Isn't that the most spectacular plan you've ever heard? Let's sign these boys up at the White House!!!!! Oh, I forgot to mention that the bat itself is $150. And then not to mention the shipping costs to send the replacements back all season. I'm just all giddy and beside myself about this bat.

No comments: