My papa, Tom Retka, passed away yesterday on Dec 29. While it is so heart breaking, I am so glad he's at peace and with our Lord. He fought for so long. I knew when I left him at the hospital yesterday that it would be the last time I saw him alive. And I told my aunt Tammy while we were sitting there that I just knew he was waiting on my Grandma before he let go. And sure enough, he passed away 20 minutes after she got there. That just goes to show you how stubborn he was. :) He was a true northern Polock! I would ask you to continue to pray for my Grandma and the rest of my family.
And please say an extra prayer for my cousin Hayley. Yesterday was her 15th birthday. Not only did she lose Papa on her birthday, but she also lost her other grandfather the day before. Such a hard time for her and her sister Paige. I was telling Hayley last night about my drive to work yesterday morning when I called to check on Papa. Tammy said he was doing worse and not good at all. So I instantly take a turn to head to Athens, and the first thing that pops in my head is Hayley. It's her birthday. Why God, does this have to happen today of all days? But then He answers me....He chose Hayley's birthday for Papa's Angel day....Papa got his angel wings on HER birthday. He chose her birthday over every other day in the year. How special is that? How many more of us can claim that? I sure can't! I hope Hayley took some kind of comfort in knowing that.
Anyway, thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers over the last few days. It really has meant the world to my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment