If you will remember back in the spring and summer, I was having somewhat of a dilemma about what to do if my sons played each other in baseball. But luckily, they never had to face each other. So that was good. But as Lee Corso would say..."Not so fast my friend".....
My boys are playing each other in basketball this season. Many of you are probably asking how is that possible? Why are they not on the same team? Well, as was the case in baseball, this is Walker's 3rd year to play and Brody's 1st. And we wanted Brody to play on a team that would be together for the next few years. Walker's team would move up next year, and that would leave Brody looking for a new team to play on.
Well, they play each other on Saturday. A butt whooping is on the horizon for Brody's team, and that breaks my heart for them. But then it makes me glad for Walker and his team because they practice so hard and are very deserving of the win. How do I possibly cheer for both teams?
Do I just sit in silence? If I cheer for Walker's team making a point, does that mean I'm cheering against Brody's team for sucking it up? And vice versa..... I feel like Peyton and Eli Manning's mother when she was watching her sons play in an NFL game last year. Every time they would show her on the TV, she was just sitting there with no emotion.
And just to think, I'm tore up over a 5-6 year old Booster Club league!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment