Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Intentions

Most people have New Year's resolutions. Most are broken. So this year I have decided to go with a different notion....my "intentions" for the new year. Enjoy...

I intend....

1. to be a better Christian. I fail every day at it, but I do intend to read my Bible more, to pray more, to give more.

2. to be a better wife. I gripe and complain and do some of the nagging wife things. But most of the time I have to say I do OK. So I am going to work hard not to fuss at Kevin when he doesn't take the trash out when I want him to; or not fuss when he doesn't rinse that bowl out and put it in the sink, because I know it's difficult to turn the water on and open the dishwasher; or not get mad when he leaves 14 Mountain Dew cans on the end table, because apparently that cute little trash can that sits beside his chair is much too hard to reach.

3. to be a better mother. I intend not to lose my cool when my children flat out ignore me when I'm talking to them. And I sure don't want to have to whip them because how terrible a mother would I be to discipline my children in that way. (I might as well go ahead and rescind that statement because I promise you I will discipline my children the way me and Kevin see fit). I intend to hug them 100 times more than I already do, even when they may roll their eyes at me. I will tell them I love them 100 times more than I do because I don't ever want them to think otherwise.

4. to quit stepping on Coby. If he would just stay out of my way when I'm walking, I wouldn't even have to be typing this.

5. to try to find the positive in every situation. There are days when I feel like everything just couldn't get any worse. But then I remember, it most definitely could be worse. And that leads me to #6.

6. to be more thankful. Sometimes I feel like I wish I had this or that or I could go do this or that. So I want to be more thankful for the things that I do have, such as my job, or my house payment, or my truck payment.....cause it means I DO have a lot.

7. to be a better driver. I am very impatient on the road. Get out of my way or you will get run over. I can't stand it when people pull out in front of me and drive 20 mph or pull out and turn 10 yards down the road. I could just crush them. Just run my Tahoe up over their little bitty car and smush it. I wouldn't seriously do that.... :)

8. to wean myself off my Zoloft. HA! Who am I kidding? If I do that, then I will most certainly crush those tiny little cars.

9. to be a better friend. I vow to remember birthdays, send cards, texts, whatever to let them all know they are special to me.

10. use less sarcasm. Or do I?

No comments: