Sunday, January 31, 2010

An hour on the Dunn pew....

I love going to our church. I love the people. And today was a very special day as two young men were baptized AND we had the Lord's Supper. But as special as it truly was, you know the Dunn family turns it upside down!

"B" denotes Brody and "W" denotes Walker:

10:28 - we sit down, ready to begin the 10:30 service.

B - "Is it time to go home yet?" No, son we just got here.

10:31 - Bro. Ray enters the baptistry.

B - "Who's getting babitized?" Michael and John Douglas (and yes, I spelled it like he says it)

10:34 - My arm starts to feel a little wet. What in the world? So I look over at my arm and notice that Walker is asleep and drooling all over me. Wow, 4 minutes into the service....record time.

10:55 - The deacons and pastor start the formality of the Lord's Supper by passing out the bread.

B - "Are we gonna eat that bread thing and drink them juices?" Yes, son. Be quite.

(Walker is now head-bobbing.)

11:12 - B - "How did Jejus die?" I'll tell you after church. Be quite. I can see me having to explain that one at the moment.

11:20 - W - "Momma, when are we gonna have drinks?" Well, look who has decided to wake up again and join us.

11:22 - We have just finished taking of the cup, and of course Brody lets out his infamous "aaaahhhhh". And I snicker....once again. How can you not think that's cute?

Church is always a pleasant experience, and one that you just can't ever predict. Especially with the Dunn's around....

1 comment:

Mary H. said...

I am going to start sitting on your row!!!! Sounds like fun!!!