Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sneaky little thing....

Yes, I know it seems like the only thing I blog about is Brody. But you know, he is the one who blows my mind with the things he comes up with. Whenever someone asks us about our kids, Kevin always refers to Brody as the one we'll be getting out of jail at age 15. I sure do hope that's not true, but it is very likely.
Let me just tell you what he's done this week. I noticed on Tuesday morning as we were getting ready to leave for school that he was putting his folder in his backpack. It dawned on me that I had already done that the night before. So I ask him what he's doing. He said he had to put his paper in there. I proceed to ask him which paper he's talking about....because maybe I had missed one from the night before. He didn't answer me, so I said "Brody let me see the paper". He then blurts out "I got 3 cards pulled yesterday!!!!" The little heifer had hidden his behavior sheet from us so we wouldn't see how he misbehaved. He knew he would be punished, so he hid it, just hoping that we wouldn't ask if he had pulled any cards. So needless to say, he got a whipping....for misbehaving AND for hiding his sheet.
I guess that didn't phase him but just a little bit....cause that day at school he pulled 2 cards. I was working late, so Kevin called to tell me what he had done that day. So once again, he was punished. I decided to email his teacher and tell her that I would not tolerate that kind of behavior again, and I wanted her to send him to Coach Cobb. I told Brody what I had done, and that did the trick. He didn't pull any cards today. But tomorrow is Friday, and it's another day. I'm just hoping this is the worst he ever does, and I'm not forced to see his mugshot on America's Most Wanted.