Sunday, October 11, 2009

You are NOT going to wear that...

I take Walker to Party City today to try to find a costume. He quickly decided what he wanted, and while we are waiting for them to bring it out, I start people watching. I LOVE to people watch. Well, today was no disappointment.
I see teenage girls picking out the sexiest costumes they can find. I'm talking low-cut, short skirt, fish net wearing costumes.....nurses, police women, Heidi the whore from Sweden (pardon my language), sailors, etc... I was once that age, but not once do I remember wanting to dress like a hooker from Brooklyn. Where are the parents of these girls?
And then, the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, the cream of the crop....seeing two-ton Tina pick out a sexy pirate costume. PLEASE tell me you're buying that for your sister, or even your 16 year old daughter in this case. I cannot fathom seeing her trying to squeeze into this costume. All that came to mind was seeing the dough squeeze out of a can of biscuits when you're about to open it up. You know what I'm talking about....you just popped it open with the spoon and the dough is poking out? Yea, that's what I saw when I looked at her. And her "I ain't never been nowhere" redneck husband was beaming with pride at her selection. Hey buddy, you gonna pimp her out tonight to get enough dough (oh, there's that vision again) to buy you a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon? I honestly try not to make fun of people or talk about them, cause let's face it, I am no Miss America. But seriously....

No comments: