Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Just like that....
Most of us breeze through life and don't think twice about things. Then there are those of us who worry about everything....from the color of the paint on our walls down to the color of the roots of our hair. I am usually guilty of the latter, but my husband has taught me, or shall I say tried to teach me, that I can't worry about things. And I have come around to that concept pretty well in the last few years. Until someone close to me has a life changing experience....then I revert back to my old ways. My dear co-worker, Vikki, found out yesterday that her 2 year old son has Wilm's tumor, a cancerous tumor on one of his kidneys. Just like that, she has gone from living a normal, every day life, to fighting for her son, cause he is about to take on perhaps the biggest fight of his life. I don't have words of wisdom for her. All I have is the power to pray for her, her family, and the doctors and nurses who will take care of little Nathan. I have always admired Vikki for her strength and super mom powers! :) And I'm sure I won't be disappointed in her in this battle. I dedicate this post to Vikki...you are awesome and courageous. I know your faith in God will be your comfort. You are a pillar of strength, and that encourages me....just like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I will pray for Vicki and her son Nathan.
May God grant them peace in this time of struggle.
Blessings,
Mary
Hey Ginger...as I type I have big huge tear drops falling down my cheeks. I am so overwhelmed by the care and concern so many have shown us during this nightmare. I could not have said it any better, living life to the fullest for it to be changed in a matter of seconds. I just want to thank you for the dedicated post, you will never know how much it means to me and my family. We love you!
Vikki
Post a Comment