Walker had his very first football jamboree on Saturday. Kevin had to ride up there with Troy, you know...so they could go over some defensive stuff. So Tiff and Cierra rode up with me and Avery. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a "Tiffisode". :) She's always good for at least one any time I see her. LOL!!! So here we go down the interstate, talking and laughing. Then Cierra, out of the blue says, "momma, Ms. Suzanne said we can call her daddy Fat Daddy". I thought Tiff was going to roll her head up in the window to prevent herself from jumping out of it. You have to know Tiff to know that she was rocking back and forth and flopping around in her seat like a fish out of water. "ooohhhh, Cierra. You can't call him Fat Daddy! Surely that's not what she meant". "oohhhh Me. Ohhhh Cierra. You can't call him that". It went on and on and all I could do was laugh.
So anyway, on to the jamboree. These boys were absolutely precious in their uniforms, pads and helmets. I was about to cry because it was so sweet. Yes, I realize boys are usually not "precious", but these are! We only played 2 periods, and we got beat 6-0. One of our running backs, Darius, broke through for a long run but was tackled around the 10 yd line. And unfortunately, we couldn't score from there. But on Darius' run, Walker blocked his guy and literally drove him back for 20 yards. It was such a GREAT play. I was so proud for him. Then the other team had a long run, where Walker was held by TWO of their players, and it was not called. So that's when they scored their touchdown. Now, I'm not saying if Walker wasn't held that he would have tackled this guy. For all I know, he could have run by Walker like a blur.
But I must say with confidence that if we had a chance to play the whole game, we MIGHT would have come back and won. Or at least tied. We played our hearts out. I am very excited about the football season! Go Tigers!!!!!
FYI....it's Big Daddy, not Fat Daddy.... :)
Pictures to follow later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment