Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beach bum

We just got back from Orange Beach. We went down on Wednesday afternoon, and got back 2 days ago. I must say it was a nice, long vacation....but not long enough. I believe I could have stayed for a month.
The trip down there wasn't too eventful. It took about 6 hours. I have 3 kids, so stopping to potty is inevitable. Our first night there, we unpacked, went grocery shopping and ate dinner. Our routine each day consisted of get up, get dressed, go to the beach or pool all day, come inside, shower, go eat, and goof around. I will touch on the highlights of the week, so as not to bore you with tiny details.

Crab hunting - Me and Tiff took 4 of the kids out crab hunting one night....Cierra, Tucker, Walker and Lee Walker (which is actually Tucker's cousin Walker, which Brody calls Lee Walker). Tucker was finding crabs left and right....granted, they were no bigger than my pinky fingernail, but he was snatching them up. Then I come upon a big hole in the sand. Me and Cierra look in the hole, and lo and behold, we spot a crab. So my Walker digs it up and it goes shooting across the sand. And of course, that sets off scream after scream from all the kids, and yes, me too. We finally get it trapped and carefully place it in the bucket. Well, he's a fiesty little booger and Tiff is sure that Harry the crab is missing his wife and kids because he keeps trying to crawl out. So I decide to place a smaller bucket inside the bucket that Harry is in to keep him trapped. We find another little crab and scramble to find a way to get it in the bucket that Harry is occupying. I lift the smaller bucket and Harry is nowhere. WHAT? Only then does he fall down from inside the bucket I pulled off the top and start scurrying across the sand. We all start screaming again....here we are, chasing this stupid crab around 20 acres of sand. I have done broke a sweat by this time, lost an earring, cussed in front of the kids (I felt terrible about that) and developed a headache. For a CRAB! It's not like it was a walking scallop with a black pearl inside. Anyway, we finally catch the stupid thing and put it back in the bucket. We get back to the boardwalk and let Brody and Tyler come check it out, and then we let it go. Harry was missing Myrtle and his kids.

Brody - We had several pools at the condo where we stayed. One of them had a top pool that had a wall with a waterfall that dropped down to the bottom pool. Me, Kevin and Brody were at the top one, and I noticed a very hairy man. As in Kevin's words, "it looked like he draped an African rug across his back". Well, Brody has apparently never seen that kind of thing because he proceeds to loudly ask "Daddy, what's that on that man's back?" I cringe, but I also turn and swim off and laugh so hard that I can hardly contain myself. Kevin is stuck there to answer that question that I know had to have been heard by Chewbacca himself. That's Brody for you....he will say whatever is on his mind....

That's all I have for now....I will post more as I remember it, and I will also try to get some pictures on here.

1 comment:

Vikki said...

OH HOW FUNNY!!!!!!!! Kids say the darn-est things!