A couple of years ago, I took Kevin to the Grand Ole Opry to see Vince Gill. One of the other guests there that night was Josh Turner. Well, apparently Josh's number 1 fan was sitting right in front of us. When he was on stage, there was no stopping her. She was bouncing up and down, singing, dancing, clapping, hooting and hollering....you name it. She got so carried away that I had to video it. I honestly thought I would never see anything like it again. Friends, crazed-Josh fan has met her match.....crazy woman, meet Tiffini.
I went to the Keith Urban/Dierks Bentley concert on Saturday night with Troy, Tiffini, Nickie and Suzanne. Tiffini told us on the way there that she had only been to one concert in her life. I couldn't understand that, but now I know why. Before it even started, she was all tore up just thinking about it. Then Dierks hit the stage..... "ohhhhh, ohhhhh"...."oh my"......"Oh, look at him"...."Oh my gosh"....."This is something else".....she was carrying on like I don't know what. That lasted the whole time he was on stage. I told her, "you haven't seen anything yet". We go out to the concession stand, and Tiff is fanning herself because she's already worked herself into a sweat. The girl in front of us says "are you hot? it really is hot in here." I said "Girl, it has absolutely nothing to do with the A/C but everything to do with Dierks". She laughed and proceeded to agree and then tell Tiff that this will be her 33rd time to see Keith in concert! What? I love Keith, but I'm not sure I'd pay to see him 33 times.
Anyway, we get back to our seats and wait as patiently as we can on Keith to come on stage. The lights go out, and ladies and gentlemen....it is over for Tiff. She is worried she's about to pass out. She's rocking back and forth, and screaming "oohhhhh, ohhhhhh"....and the sound coming out of her mouth is close to that of a hyena. Then here comes Keith.....she jumps up, screams, jumps up and down, waves, you name it....I've never seen anything like it. I tell Troy, "yea, now I see why you never take her to concerts". :) She is coming unglued people. She is sweating, dancing, making wax on-wax off moves (which apparently is simulating rubbing his chest), talking all kinds of stuff. It is so funny I can hardly contain myself. We are all laughing at her and so is everyone around us. This continues for the entire concert. Even during the slow songs she was sitting there in awe and sometimes rocking back and forth. At one point, Keith goes off stage, and Troy stupidly tells her that he's gonna come up to where we're sitting to sing. Well, she goes ballistic! She is grabbing my arm and trying to pull me out of my chair to go down to where she thinks he's gonna re-appear. I have to calm her down a little...."Tiff, he's not coming up here". And then of course, he didn't. He was on stage again. After the show is over, we run into the 33rd time girl, and she asks Tiff what she thought and of course she was all giddy. Tiff declares she's going to go see him again within a 3 hour drive.
But the best part......We are walking to the truck and Tiff asks where I reckon Keith comes out of the arena. I tell her it's probably way on around the other side of the area where we are. We continue walking and here comes a police car escorting a Tahoe out of the arena. We continue walking and lo and behold, guess who it is. It's KEITH URBAN!!!!!! He looks and me and Tiff and says "Have a good night" in that little accent of his! Are you kidding me? Me and Tiff go crazy and she grabs me and we start chasing the Tahoe like a couple of 16 year olds chasing the Jonas Brothers! We finally decide we are defeated as the Tahoe drives out of sight. We can't believe what just happened, so we keep asking Troy if that really was Keith. "Yes, and baldy was in there too". Baldy, as he refers to, is the bass player for Keith. We really enjoyed watching him too! :) I still get chills every time I tell that story. It was such a good night! I may laugh, but I honestly don't think it would have been as much fun had she not been there. Love you girl!
Look out Nashville, here we come......(Keith will there later in the summer)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment