Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Disney Part 2

Well, let's pick up where we left off. We have landed....thank you God!

There are 5 of us, and I didn't care that I had to pay $100 for baggage fees. I was not about to lug around 5 bags on top of what we carried on the plane. Disney has a great service that will take your checked bags to the resort and put them in your room. SWEET! Because of this, we were able to go straight to the bus that takes us to the resort. No sooner than we sit on the bus do I hear from Brody "are we there yet?" Not yet son...we haven't even left the airport. And then I hear the following questions on the 30 minute bus ride:

"Where are we?"
"Is there a zoo?" (little did they know we live in one)
"Are we there yet?"
"Where's Mickey?"
"Is Cinderella your best friend?"
"Where are we going?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Did you bring the PSP?"
"Can dogs break their arms?"
"Are we there yet?"

Finally, we pull up to the resort. Thank you God again! :) I get us checked in and then we begin our 1/2 mile trek to our room. The resort is beautiful! It has the look of old New Orleans, complete with plantation style buildings and bayou brush. The room.....not so great. Now granted, we would not be staying in the room much, but I am very picky about accomodations outside of my own bedroom. These queen beds were more like extra-full size. Uncomfortable. Pillows were so big that you could lose a small child inside of one. But anyway, let's make the most of it! We are there, it's just 5:00, so let's do something. So we go eat at the restaurant located at the resort. It's not the best, but it's food. Brody is eating off of everyone's plate. Walker won't hardly touch his food. The dessert was a hit for all though!

We were told that there's a boat ride that will take you from the resort to Downtown Disney. So that's what we decide to do. It's not a park, but it's definitely Disney. All kinds of restaurants, gift shops, stage show....I just loved it! I could have visited this place every day we were there! We let the kids ride the merry go round, shopped like crazy, watched a hula hooping contest and ate the worst caramel apple I've ever had. :) But it was all so much fun! We head on back to the resort to hit the sack. First day at the park was looming.....

No comments: