This will probably be the last Disney blog, as I'm kind of getting sick of trying to remember what all happened and then blogging about it. :)
Our first park trip was to Magic Kingdom. We got through 2 parts of it...Liberty Town/Square/Whatever it's called and Adventureland. I bought the "Unofficial Guide To Disney", and I had great intentions of following the tour plans that are included. But that lasted all of 30 minutes. It was a total bust for our family. So we just did things at our own pace and saw the things we wanted to see and rode the things we wanted to ride. Avery rode Splash Mountain and that wasn't good. It completely did her in and she wouldn't ride anything else the rest of the time. The boys loved everything they rode.
The next day we went to Epcot. I hated it. The kids hated it. The only fun thing was the GM Test Track ride, and it was fun until it gave me a 2 day headache.
Animal Kingdom was very cool! While we were waiting on our bus to take us there, I told the boys "The Dunn family is going to give the animals a run for their money", to which Brody replied so seriously, "Do animals like money?" LOL That kid cracks me up! The first thing we did was the safari ride. I did follow the book on this, as it said the best time to ride is in the morning. You will see more animals at that time. And we did! We had lunch next, and it had a bit of the African flair to it and it was great! Kevin and the boys rode Mt. Everest Expedition, and they loved it! Me and Avery had an ice cream cone while waiting, and we loved it! LOL
Hollywood Studios was pretty good! The boys were hoping to be a Jedi for the day, but we didn't get there in time. So they had to settle for watching the Jedi training. Then we went to the Toy Story ride! It was like an interactive carnival game ride, and it was awesome! I almost beat Kevin and probably would have had I known how to best work the stupid cord in the beginning. Kevin and the kids had their faces painted. It was awesome. And yes, I was a loser and didn't have mine done. Oh well....
We went back to Magic Kingdom on our last day and stayed there for about 12 hours. We knocked out everything we wanted to ride, plus had lunch with the princesses! Snow White flirted with Kevin. And Ariel got to spend a lot of time with Avery which was very cool because that is her favorite princess. The electric parade and fireworks that night were pretty awesome! We were so exhausted, so we headed back to the hotel.
All in all, it was a great trip. We did not overdo it by trying to see everything there. We only saw or rode the things we wanted to, and it worked out great that way. Some people go back year after year, but I can say I'm not one of those people. If we go back, it will be 3-4 years before I do. I much prefer laying on a beach to standing in line for an hour! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment