Friday, April 22, 2011

Disney Part 1

I have not been on here in a long time for many reasons....too busy, nothing to say, completely forgot I had a blog. So I thought I would just come on here and talk a little bit about our trip to Disney World over spring break.

I have referenced this several times, but we really did make the Griswold's look like amateurs. Let me just start off with the plane ride down there. It is packed to the gill with families going to Disney World. Amy George and her family are also on the plane. I want to say hi and tell her I love her blog, but she looks a little stressed...guess so with two kids, a husband, carry ons and what looked like grandparents in tow. So I decide not to say anything. If I was her, the last thing I would want is some stranger to stop me on a crowded plane to chit chat. So anyway, I am stuck in the middle seat between the two boys and Avery is sitting with her daddy. Thankfully, we all are on one row. Every 2 minutes Brody is asking me when the plane is going to start moving. Walker has his head stuck in a PSP and he's quite, thank goodness. Avery is coloring. We are pretty settled. And then the plane starts backing up. And of course Brody says "are we moving?" I don't even bother to answer. We take off down the runway and as soon as the plane leaves the ground EVERY KID on the plane starts hooting and hollering. Oh precious Lord, please give this plane lightning speed and get me to Orlando ASAP! It's all cute for about a split second, and then it starts to wear on my nerve. Finally, they all calm down. Now enter the kids sitting in the row in front of me. There are 3 of them. And unfortunately, their parents were not able to sit in the same row as them. One parent was in the seat across the aisle and the other was in the seat in front of them. All I will say is the man and woman sitting in front of the kids are angels. There is NO way that I would have allowed my kids to punch, kick, pull their seats the way they were. Mom was too busy reading a magazine to do anything about it, and dad was too busy talking. Every now and then they would turn around and say something along the lines of "honey, stop it". And here's the kicker...when we landed the mom tells the lady "Oh, I'm so sorry about all the kicking". REALLY? Cause you sure didn't act like it! Geez! Anyway, back to the Dunn's.....

The flight for the most part was very smooth. Well, that is until we started the descent into Orlando. Then all those happy kids who could not wait to hug Mickey and kick Pluto in the knee are now whining and crying because their ears are hurting...my kids included. Brody is flopping around in his seat like a fish out of water. So I threaten to pull his ears off. Avery is whining...as usual. And Walker just gives me a look like he's about to experience the worst pain in his life. We hand out gum hoping the chewing will help. It does for about, ohhhh, 10 seconds. You can hear kids scattered through the cabin complaining about it. Finally we land. Then we have to sit on the tarmac for a few minutes because our flight was early (thank you God for that answered prayer). Hey, this is the perfect time to have the kids call Nana and tell her we landed.....just as soon as I can get Brody to quit asking me for the 7th time why we are just sitting there. And then finally, we pull up to the terminal. I have never heard seatbelts on a plane unbuckle as fast as I heard them at that time. Parents across the plane were rejoicing!!!!! I stand up and look back at the rows behind me and I see disheveled looking moms and dads, excited kids and worn out grannies and pawpaws. It makes me giggle....even now thinking about it. I even think the flight attendant opened the door as soon as we pulled up so she could get us out of there ASAP. I hear you sister, I know the feeling.

Hello Orlando, it's so good to see you!!!!!!!!!!