It's been quite some time since I've blogged. Needless to say, I've been a little busy with baseball starting up and with the beauty walk going on. Thankfully, the beauty walk is behind me, but baseball is in full swing! There's no need to type out separate blogs for some of the things I wanna talk about, so I'm just throwing it all out there in this one blog.
Avery:
Well, she cut her herself a few little bangs last night! Probably wouldn't be so bad if she didn't have a cowlick that actually looks like a moose licked it instead! All I gotta say about that is GROW BABY GROW!!!!! Also, a few weeks ago, we got home for the evening and she's running and playing in the house. All the sudden she screams "MY NOSE HURTS!!!!!" I rush to her thinking she's run right smack into something, but I couldn't be that lucky. As it turns out, she's stuck a rock up her nose. And it can NOT be seen! But I can definitely feel it up in the bridge of her nose! So I calmly lay her down and tell her it will be fine but I need to check it. So she calms down enough to let me look. Nope, can't see it. So I get her to blow her nose a few times, and snot is coming all out of one side, but nothing out of the side with the rock. So it's confirmed that there's definitely a rock stuck up there. So she blows and blows and finally, it goes flying out. And I will have you know that I saved it for her baby book!
Brody:
He is absolutely loving baseball this year. Which is a good thing, considering how last year he just wandered around in the field and could have cared less if a ball came to him. He hit two homeruns a week or so ago, and he thought he was the bomb. He come running across home plate with his arms spread to each side like "Get you some of this". Terry Bob is also letting him catch some, and he is everything you think a catcher would be. Stocky, mean, and slow. :) He just dares those players to run across home plate! He wants to catch more than anything.
Walker:
My little Walker...who is actually not so little. He's getting so tall. And he is such a loving boy. He is eating baseball up! If he's not playing or practicing, he's acting like he's playing at home. He'll put on his practice clothes, play shoes, and batting gloves and then take to the practice field at home. He's starting to have the fever for pitching. He is no Tom Glavine, but he does decent. He has this little "two-tap" he does with his foot, telling us that's how he gets ready to pitch. And his daddy has to remind him that it would be considered a balk. :)
Kevin;
My hubby just turned 35! We celebrated with grilled steaks and peach cobbler! SOOOOO good! He got thrown out of a game during the pre-season tournament. He made an argument about a call, which the ump was wrong. I have to give Kevin credit for that. Kevin told the ump he didn't know what he was doing, and apparently the ump didn't like it, so he threw Kevin out. Well, that was all it took. Kevin started arguing more, and then he made this motion toward the ump. I honestly didn't know if we were about to see Lord of the Dance or Daniel-Son (Karate Kid) in that moment. He raised his leg up like he was going to hop towards him and then stopped what he was doing. It was the funniest thing. Kevin said he was about to kick dirt on the ump and then decided not to....that's why he hiked his leg up like that. As you can imagine, I've had a dandy of a time telling and showing everyone I know!
And me:
Well, I'm busy as heck at work. We have auditors here for about 12 weeks. No, that was not a mis-type....12 WEEKS! As much as I've tried, I am not pleasant some days. I finally told one last week that I didn't particularly like him and I wanted him to go home because I didn't have time for him. I was only half-kidding. I'll let you figure out which part I was kidding about. :)
The beauty walk is over, thank goodness! I think it went very well. Of course, there were a few minor problems, but nothing that wasn't fixed quickly. I look forward to doing it next year, after a much needed break! :)
That's about it for now....I will leave you with a Brody-ism:
Kevin is patting out hamburger meat for hamburgers one night, and very seriously, Brody asks him "Are we having tacos?"
That's my boy.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Too funny!!!
Baseball brings out the best and the "Not so great" in our men. Alex has been thrown out of fews games!!!
Post a Comment