Tuesday, January 27, 2009
"Back in the day"
I recently joined Facebook as a way to stay in touch with people that I literally have not laid eyes on in years. I was really against Facebook because I thought it was a waste of time, but now I am completely addicted to it. I love re-connecting and seeing pics of people now and from "back in the day". Most of us girls had hair up to there that wouldn't move, and could easily catch on fire from the amount of hair spray we had in it. The boys had either mullets or rat tails. We wore tye-died shirts and tight-rolled our blue jeans. We HAD to have a pair of Sebago shoes and jelly shoes. And we hung out at the square. Our biggest concerns were whether the cutest boy in school liked us, or if so and so said something behind our back. Life was so simple. Now we have to worry about losing our job in this terrible economy, terrorists attacking our soil, or our children being exposed to things at too early of an age. But we asked for it. We couldn't wait to turn 16, to get that license. We couldn't wait to turn 18, cause that was THE age. We couldn't wait to turn 21, to be legal. We couldn't wait to get married and have a house full of kids. We couldn't wait to get out of our parent's house cause they were driving us crazy. Now we have to worry about how we are going to afford to pay the $500 utility bill that we couldn't wait to get because that meant we were older! Ugh.... I wouldn't take back a thing now because I have a beautiful family, but I do wonder why I was in such a hurry to grow up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Amen...what were we thinking when we wished our life away!!!!
Hope you have a good day.
Mary
Hey Ginger! I am on facebook too - lol! I will have to go find you!
Post a Comment