Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Friends

I was sitting on Facebook the other night and saw a post from a sweet friend of mine, Callie, that said "just ate with my best bud Michael". These two are seniors in high school. It made me think back to my time in school and the friends I had. Am I still friends with everyone? Do I talk to them all? Some of the answers were yes and some were no. And I've made many new friends along the way that I am blessed to have. This is a post about my closest friends. They are all close and dear to me, but for different reasons. I do want to preface this by saying that Kevin is my absolute best friend and so is my mom, but that's easy to figure out why they are. This is for all the others....

Melony - she IS me! We have been asked on numerous occassions if we are twins. We look alike, we talk alike, we dress alike. We can finish each other's sentences and with just a glance, we always know what the other is thinking. I can go for days without talking to her, but when we hook back up, it's like we never missed a beat. I am comfortable with her. She knows me inside out and despite my faults, she loves me. I know that no matter what I need or when I need it, she is the one person who will drop everything to help me out. She is THE BEST!

Shawn - my best "boy" friend since 5th grade. He is so devoted. In high school, he was the one who always talked me out of dating the idiots. Obviously, I didn't listen to him on a couple of occassions. But he protected me. He watched out for me. We did everything together. Even if we were out with a big group, it was me and him. He listened to me gripe about everything, and he still does to this day. I can send him a random text about the color of a car, and he will always respond. Even after 25 years, we still have things to talk about. We still meet for lunch 2-3 times a month. I love him, and I will have his back til the day I die.

Julie - my text buddy! It's funny how we used to not like each other because of a certain ex, but we both realized that friends are more important than any boy. We share a special bond through sports and our boys now. She may have moved off, but we text at LEAST once or twice a day, if not more. It's like she never moved.....except for the obvious.

The New Hope Girls - Niki, Nikki, Salee, Christie, Evie and Tina!!! I love these girls! I am so thankful to have met them through my dad and through Kevin. They make me laugh. They make me smile. I miss them because I don't get to see or talk to them much anymore. But they are there, and I know they always will be. Special girls!

Troy and Tiff - They are our "couple" best friends. We do all the couple things with them that normal people do. :) Me and Tiff swear that Troy and Kevin are brothers from different mothers because they are so much alike. It's scary really. I have a love/hate relationship with Troy. He can push the right button with me sometimes, and I want to just pinch his head off. But then he can be good and do anything for us. Tiff and I have a lot in common, especially Keith Urban! She is my KU concert partner! We go crazy and act a fool, and neither one of us care. We love him! Oh, and she and I love to people watch. We can just look at each other when we see "one" and know what the other is thinking. It's uncanny, really. Troy and Tiff are good to us. They always say yes when we need them to help with the kids or the dog! They are precious!

Leslie, Natalee, and Kelli - these three keep me laughing! I was one of Leslie's first friends when she came to Ardmore in 6th grade. And we are still friends to this day, and now we work together! Natalee was the best roommate I could have ever asked for. And Kelli, there are no words to describe Kelli! I just love, love her! She can say Hi and it cracks me up!

And for all those I haven't mentioned, you know who you are. And you touched my life in some way. And though I didn't call you by name, I am grateful to call you my friend!

Love you all!

No comments: