Monday, May 10, 2010
American Bandstand
Well, what would a Monday be without a posting of the happenings on the Dunn pew at church? The children's choir performed their musical yesterday morning, and it was GREAT! They did a wonderful job, as did Mrs. Brenda and Mrs. Jackie leading the musical. My children do not participate, cause let's face it, they would be bored out of their gourd because it does not involve a ball or a light saver. We settle into the pew, and before we even get started, Brody leans over and whispers "are we eating that bread thing and drinking juice today?" You know the love that Brody has for the Lord's Supper. So I have to break it to him that we won't be doing that today. A few minutes pass, and the children are ready to perform. The music starts, and I must say it's very catchy. And little did I know, but Michael Jackson is in da' house! Yep, Brody breaks out into a dance in the pew beside me. Boy has got some rhythm! He's got those shoulders going and that head is bopping! He is just a smiling too! And then I hear the giggles from the pew behind me....it's the Hogan's. Ruth and Kenneth are part of our older generation, and their son Brian is also there. Of all the people that have to sit behind us. At least they're getting a kick out of it. I get to giggling and can't stop myself. But I finally do and tell Brody to knock it off. He does. Until the next song and here he goes again. Then Avery and Walker join the dance party, and we have American Bandstand on the Dunn pew. Where's Dick Clark when you need him? Anywho....we finally get the Jackson 5 under control and enjoy the rest of the musical. Many thanks to the children of Piney Grove! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Too funny! Mrs. Ruth did mention in Sunday night class the boys really enjoyed the musical!!!
Post a Comment