Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He gets it honest!

My Walker....he's your typical boy in that he loves to play outside, play sports, rough-house, play in the mud, you get my drift.... But there's also another thing he does TOO much of, and that is talk. Ever since his first day of Kindergarten last year, he's had to pull sticks for talking. Talking too loud, talking when he's not supposed to.... Well, I come home last night and look at his planner. And lo and behold, he has 2 sheets of paper stapled to his planner where he had to write sentences for talking when he's told not to. I have to sign it and return it today. Well, the blood starts boiling and I notice the room starting to get foggy looking from all the smoke coming out of my ears from being so mad. He gets his punishment handed down from me and his daddy (no I will not tell you what it is because I frankly don't care to hear how someone thinks I'm being too harsh or too lenient). SO, just know that we have done EVERYTHING in the book. The more I think about him getting in trouble, the madder I get. And then "poof"! It hits me like a brick! The boy can't help it that he's a talker. I'm a talker. His daddy is a talker. He gets it honest. I love having a child who is outgoing, but at the same time, can you just keep your trap door shut when your told to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know what you mean. I'm a talker for sure & Hulee got it too. Just as you say, too much, too loud & all the time. I feel you. I hope that eventually I can teach her to keep some things to herself & to THINK before she speaks. Those are two weaknesses of mine that maybe I can help her with along the way.