Monday, July 14, 2008

Travel woes...

If you're around me a lot, then you know the bad luck I have when travelling for work. Not once have I not been delayed or had a flight cancelled. It's just my luck. Well, today was no different. Our flight out to Atlanta was on time, even a few minutes early....as our female pilot so proudly proclaimed. They push us away from the terminal only to stop us....then Captain Lisa tells us that we have been delayed. Imagine that!!!!! So we have to sit in that cramped plane for 30 minutes. Oh, and please don't let me forget to tell you that our flight attendant is having hot flashes, claiming she's gonna need oxygen, and the air doesn't seem to be working. GREAT!!! That's all we need is to have our attendant pass out, and we would be delayed. But wait a minute, I can get up there and show everyone how to buckle their seat belt, point them to the exits, and show them how to put an oxygen mask on. If she passes out, we can buckle her in a seat and off we go. I know 30 minutes doesn't seem like a long time, but when you have no air, the attendant is going through menopause, and a loud .passenger across the aisle doesn't know how to talk low (I can tell you how many kids he has, where he works, what his performance appraisals said, etc..), it can seem like forever. But we finally got off and made it to Atlanta, where we were delayed another 30 minutes. SHOCKER!!! I can't tell you how glad I am to finally be in Virginia. I'm here for training on an accounting system, NOT FUN!!! I will be bored out of my gourd. Oh well....until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can somewhat sympathize.... I sat on a plane at Boston for an entire hour while they tried to close a cargo door. It was directly under my feet as I could feel em banging, slamming, hitting it... and I was afraid to look at the window, as I figured some moron was even attempting drop-kicks on it. They had to turn the plane completely off - no air, no lights, no sound, nothing. It was pretty spooky... and got hot QUICK. And of course, once they finally got the cargo door shut (probably used a coat hanger or duct tape) and we got in the air, all I could think about was those movies where the cargo door flies open and the plane goes out of control and crashes. Not a fun thought.

Melony