I've blogged about this kind of thing before, but every once in a while someone comes along that profoundly has an effect on you. Unfortunately in this case, it was a young man's death that has really touched me. I didn't personally know him, but I knew who he was. I know his mother. I grew up around his mother for many years. See, she played softball with my mother for years, and we were all together many a weekend. She was my first boss at my first job after college graduation. Being around her at that time, I got to hear about her children. I heard about their early accomplishments, their misbehavings, and the many ways they made her proud. And because of that, I feel like I did personally know this young man. Even if I didn't, all I would have to do is look at Facebook and see just how many lives he has touched....young and old.
I look through pictures and can see how competitive he was. There are pictures of him and his siblings and cousin racing around looking for Easter eggs (still cracks me up to think about it). Pictures of him and his mom competing on the same mud volleyball team. Pictures of him hunting with a flock of geese or duck laid out in front of him.
I can see he was a very loving guy. There are many pics of him holding his little cousins or of his arms wrapped around his sister or mom or cousin. Comments he made about his grandma's good cooking.
And what a friend he must have been. I see so many comments on his page, his brother's page, his mom's page and just on others that I am friends with about how special he was. "Always had a smile on his face." "I could lean on you no matter what." "You were one in a million." "such a genuine person" "I never heard you say one negative word."
Wow! How lucky these people were to know you Chad.
And how lucky your mom, Charlsa, is to call you hers. I know she is/was so proud of you. As a mother, I cover her in prayer because I know she is in so much pain. But I take faith in knowing she will see you again one day.
Until then.....rest in peace Chad and enjoy the streets of gold. We all long to be there one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment