Friday, September 3, 2010

Pedro

I've decided to tell my story of little Pedro since so many people at work have gotten a kick out of it. My boss and I were in a conference call in her office one day. Her office has floor to ceiling windows in it. All the sudden we hear this loud thump. We look outside and see a bird laid out on its back. I thought it was dead. But I couldn't help but laugh, and here she and I are laughing at this bird. Or at least trying to contain our laughter. But what was so funny was his little bird friend that was standing there looking over him. It's like I could just hear him saying in his little bird voice:
"Get up little buddy!"
"Breathe Pedro breathe!"
"Run away from the light!!!"
And then all the sudden, as if he did run from the light, the bird pops up on it's little bird legs. Then he tries to walk and he stumbles a little to one side. And then to the next. And then to the other side again. He disappeared behind the bush, so I don't know if little Pedro made it or not. But his little friend never left his side.

No comments: